Re: [BRHSlist] Drawbars.

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Drawbars.
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:07:52 -0600
Karl,

While this was just a broken knuckle I found what was said on the radio
rather interesting. Was a "Drawbar Texas" leaving Pueblo via the
"New Way". Just after they cleared Pueblo Jct the second unit just
dropped it's load, all at once. Engineer said on the radio that before
the air went the lead unit had shown 160,000 lbs tractive effort.

It's hard to believe you can get that to the rail with 6 axles.

Russ