Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q 169A

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q 169A
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:50:56 -0600
John,

Good report. That make sense. They did look to be horizontal,
rather than vertical, didn't know they could be moved.

As you start looking at shot from the 70's a lot of F's do not have
any carbody filers at all. Must not have really needed them that
much. BN replaced a lot of rusted out panels on these units and
the outcome was usually a plain flat side. Sort of like that vent
behind the cab door on E7's. They were built that way but by the
early 70's very few units still had them.

Russ