re: depot colors

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: re: depot colors
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:22:49 -0600
Bcc:

Badger Paint offiers the depot colors inc. the unique olive green (don't recall exact name but is cataloged as 1 of about 6 or more Q colors offered by them). Some outbldgs & even a smaller depot or two, especially Lines West, did not always have the trim color. The 2-color scheme was a nice one; was indeed a shame some were painted white but several remain original either as museums or as feed & grain offices, etc. Much more attractive than Milw's 2 tone grey or C&NW's barn red or Rock's maroon. Perhaps only M&StL's 2-tone green was as memorable among the grangers or the comparatively rare C&NW yellow/green. We won't even mention IC's grey - about as imaginitive as their black geeps. And Rock's late red/yellow & blue/white were shortlived & a little garish. But them I may be biased!

Question to the group - was the depot trim green same as green on the baggage wagons - memory does not serve me & don't think any of my slides have a baggage wagon up next to the depot trim to compare. Gerald