Re: [BRHSlist] Adventures on the Fox

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Adventures on the Fox
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 09:05:51 -0600
Leo,

In '66 and '67 things were a little different. The Operator at Aurora
tower had to be very careful with the Earlville Turn. They wanted
that full 16 hours and from the time they left Cat to arrival at West
Eola seldom exceeded 5 mph. Of course this worked in their favor
since they would get held at the West end of the plant until there
was a very big window open. Never a complaint from that quarter.
If the Dispatcher had gotten burned on their move before and didn't
want to let them come at all we sometimes just let them go via the
Hill Yard. Again, never a complaint on that move.

The Fox River and Roustabout seemed to work in a different time
schedule. As it was, at that time, they handled a tremendous volume
of sand and gravel and never had any choice about how fast they went.

Russ