Re: [BRHSlist] BB 35 and Old Ben Coal

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] BB 35 and Old Ben Coal
From: "Myron & Lois Dudenbostel" <myroloi@e...>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 08:42:55 -0600
I could tell you some good coal stories (I believe any one who has worked
in the mines could also). I just tell a couple..... we had a coal haul truck
driver who would "lose" his load (70 tons) along the side of the haulroad so
he could receive shall I say "person favors" from the women who would come
and pick up some the coal. I ran the loading shovel that was used to load
the haul trucks (70-100 tons each) that hauled the coal out of the pit. We
has one guy that was selling coal on the side, he had a 1 1/2 ton Chevy
truck. The pit boss was always amazed every time I load that little truck
with that big shovel.
Myron Dudenbostel