Re: [BRHSlist] BB 35 and Old Ben Coal

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] BB 35 and Old Ben Coal
From: tim fleck <tf5077@y...>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 05:36:28 -0800 (PST)
Since we're on the topic of coal here's a story for
you all. I worked with a guy who's uncle and a buddy
would "borrow " coal from the railroad back during the
depression. They would back their truck under the
shoot and load'er up. Well the story goes one time and
I assume the last time the buddy opened the chute to
load the truck and when it was full couldn't seem to
get the chute door to close. This guy's uncle tried in
vain to start the truck to move it as coal was pouring
out. Well the truck wouldn't start and the weight of
the coal broke the axle on the truck. Needless to say
that was the end of free coal for these boys........