MFA cars and roller-bearing trucks...

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: MFA cars and roller-bearing trucks...
From: jkohl <jkohl@n...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:12:02 -0800 (PST)
Hello, folks!

Again, I want to say I am really happy with this list and the level of
knowledge of the CB&Q. It amazes me that someone has an answer to every
question, plus many of the "old-timers" with first hand knowledge of working
on the "Q".

The Missouri Farmers Association is a fairly big force in the agricultural
areas of Missori, they own many elevators and oil storage tanks...but did
they ever own any railcars? I *seem* to remember seeing MFA tank cars going
down the BN tracks, but I would not say for certain. If they did so, I
wonder if anyone has further information or photos (looking for 1970s-80s,
but anything will do).

Second question...when did railcar makers adopt the roller-bearing trucks
"en masse"? I'm trying to get a date that I could expect to see that a car
had been built with a roller bearing truck as opposed to something else.

Thanks again!

Jan Kohl