BRHS Mailing list searchable archive?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
From: jkohl <jkohl@n...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:20:31 -0800 (PST)
I am an admin for several Yahoo groups lists, and have a question for the
moderator(s) as well as somewhat in general.

I know Yahoo sent out a poll awhile back to see if group owners would be
interested in upgrading their list to something better where the messages
could be archived and downloaded and such, plus other features.

Would the moderator be interested in doing that with this list? I don't
know about everyone else, but I'd be willing to pay few bucks a year to
have a searchable archive of all the BRHS messages. At the moment it's
rather unfortunate as I'm sure there's tons of information in the thousands
of messages in the BRHS short history, but it's very difficult to find
anything by going back month-by-month.

I'm not trying to make a big fuss, just saying that *I* would be interested
in that, if nobody else is interested, I'll just shut up... :) I'm also
somewhat volunteering to help foot some of the expense to keep the list free
for those people who don't want to pay for such a service.

I guess the one other thing I'm wondering about is the fact that if you get
close to your free group limit (20 meg?), what does Yahoo start doing with
the messages? Dump them? If so, I'd really hate to lose any of the
expertise that has been shown here...

Jan Kohl