Re: [BRHSlist] TCZ stops @ LaCrosse

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] TCZ stops @ LaCrosse
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:39:45 -0600
Gerald,

I know nothing of any "new line" in 1940. Both the passenger and
freight mains were built in 1886 at the same time the yard was
built.

Double track was extended from Herrington to Graf in 1946 when
the CTC was installed. CTC was installed on the passenger main
from Sullivan to Grand Crossing in 1928. That machine was still
in La Crosse in '86-'87 and I have used it but of course at that
time the only thing it controlled was Sullivan.

The second main track between Sullivan and Lytle was installed
in 1910.

Russ