Eola, 28-Jan-52

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Eola, 28-Jan-52
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:48:53 -0600
Was doing a little looking for Main trains. Thought this might
be interesting. Local freight lineup for Monday, 28-Jan-52:

2154 = East End
9406 = Fox River
9140 = Irish Mail
9208 = Rock Falls
2867 = Oregon Turn
9407 = #85

The 2154 must have been ill because it is crossed out and the
4964 went in it's place. It would appear that O1A's were kept
on hand at even Eola as protection power. Never noticed this
before.

It even may have been used in yard service. On 30-Jan-52 shows
going from the West Yard to Main #1 at 0214 and coming back at
0325. This is a typical "Spotting stock" move and the timing is
right. #68, #88, & #64 had all gone East between midnight and
0201 and one would think that at least one of them would have
had stock to spot.

The VLBG

"Like a castle in it's corner in a medieval game,
I foresee terrible trouble but I stay here just the same"

Steely Dan, "Dirty Work" from "Can't Buy a Thrill"