Re: [BRHSlist] 1965 Derailment

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 1965 Derailment
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:04:27 EST
You guys who are interested in "old stuff"...like timetable and train order
operation and results of not properly understand same should get John
Nelson's book ROCK ISLAND WRECKS...

John has printed out all of the Rock Island items from the ICC website
mentioned....It's fascinating stuff....

There is even one item regarding a B&O Silk Special rear ending a Rock Island
Transfer at South Chicago...I have read stories about and know about the Silk
Special of the early 1900's, but this is the first actual event I have been
able to read about....

Pete