Historic Freight Car Info

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Historic Freight Car Info
From: "lesgilpin <l.gilpin@b...>" <l.gilpin@b...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:36:13 -0000
Slightly off topic guys but I don't want to join another Yahoo
Group just to ask one question (or two). Someone may be able
to at least point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to trace tubular framed or 'gas pipe' freight cars of 1888
built by the 'Huntingdon Car Works' and early steel hoppers
build around 1898 by the Schoen Pressed Steel Company.

Can anyone point me to a suitable contact or group to track
down these sources?

(Although I model the CBQ in N, I'm looking for to build some old
time cars that were used in England but built in the USA!).

thanks for allowing the interruption!

Les Gilpin
Cardiff
Wales