CB&Q/C&S Phase 4 SD-9s

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CB&Q/C&S Phase 4 SD-9s
From: "Dale DeWitt <dcdewi@a...>" <dcdewi@a...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 04:00:26 -0000
I am tryiny to finish up a couple of conversions that will be produce
the C&S #831-842 phase 4 SD-9s in red/gray that were built in April
1959 according to Ed Fulcomers book, Colorado & Southern, Southern
Division. Since most photos are low front angle there seems to be
little information about what type and location of the horns. The
only photo I have seen showing the horns is on page 77 which seems to
have a 3 chime horn mounted on the top of the squared off section
just behind the cab. In general the earlier SD-9s and SD-7s seemed
to have the classical single chime horns mounted and facing in
opposite directions just behind the cabs.

Can anyone shed any more light on this subject?

The units are ready to go in the paint shop, but I need to drill the
holes for the horns first.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dale DeWitt