re: "65 derailment/PRR wrecker

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: re: "65 derailment/PRR wrecker
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:21:38 -0600
Bcc:

Why was the PRR asked to loan a wrecker? Assume the Q's C&A one was otherwise occupied or ??? Did the Q have reciprocal aggreements with other RR's to borrow cranes when necessary? An old RI employee told me there was such an agreement in force in Des Moines as Rock kept a wrecker there but nearest Q one was quite a distance; conversely the Q helped RI elsewhere in Iowa with the Creston wrecker. Anyone have pics, stories of Q wreckers off-line or other foreign ones besides this PRR event? I have a book of the Q's agreements for system detour routes (Q on to foreign lines & vice-a-versa) but this wrecker incident is new to me. Tks, Gerald