Re: [BRHSlist] Digest Number 1562

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Digest Number 1562
From: William Barber <clipperw@E...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:56:10 -0600
Reading about AEI tag errors reminds me that at EMD, we managed to put the wrong tags on some locomotives and, like the tank car, different tags on each side of individual locomotives. This includes both the original large plate AEI tags of the 70s and the more recent small blocks currently used. Usually, the first trip through a reader caught the error. Of course, we even managed to misnumber locomotives (transpositions, etc.) in the painting process, including an entire order for the Boston & Maine. We also once applied the slanted SOO LINE logo on a unit slanting the wrong way. Errors occur in any production process. You just try to minimize them and hope that they are not too serious.

Bill Barber