Walthers 40' 16k gallon tank cars

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Walthers 40' 16k gallon tank cars
From: "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:25:59 -0500
I know that we have some people who are knowledgeable about tank cars on the
list. I just saw that Walthers will soon be releasing a 40' 16k gallon car. One
of the names the car will be released with is Hubinger -- the corn milling
plant in Keokuk, Iowa. My question is whether anyone could date this kind of
car for me based on its length and size. I'll try to get more info directly
from Walthers and pass on what I find to the list. As with the boxcars Walthers
released last year, these cars (assuming the year is right) would be right at
home on the layout of anyone modelling the K-line (or, like me, Keokuk itself).
Thanks for any assistance you guys can offer.

Duncan Cameron