Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Q Business Car "Burlington"

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Q Business Car "Burlington"
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:07:44 -0600
Roger,

Johnson County Community College is in Overland Park KS.
It is the site of BN/BNSF's Technical Training Center. There
is some equipment on static display on the college grounds.
Most significant relocation from that site has been the Dispatcher
training which has moved to a campus of Tarrant County Junior
College in Fort Worth.

There is also a small yard in Lenexa KS where some live equipment
is kept for Conductor training. Now, or course, that will include
locomotive remote control operation.

Never caught on to what this thread is about. CB&Q "Burlington"
became BN "Burlington Northern" and then BN "Mississippi River"
then BNSF 1. It shows as the East car in a string of 25 business cars
on track #416 at Topeka KS which would be the logical place for it
to be. BN's business car fleet was relocated from Murray Yard and
Springfield to Topeka very early in the merger process.

Russ