Charles Franzen death

To: "BRHS group" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Charles Franzen death
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 19:01:15 -0600
The following is from a friend to whom I sent notice of Charles Franzen's death.

"I was at Charles Franzen's funeral in Washington, Iowa, on December 28th and
concelebrated the Requiem Mass with the local pastor, Father Martin. I
tucked a CD of steam locomotive sounds into the casket before they closed it
at the funeral home the morning of the funeral. He was an old and cherished
friends.

Charles Franzen was 76 at the time of his death. He suffered a massive
heart attack on Sunday morning, December 22nd, and lingered until Christmas
Eve without regaining consciousness. He died in a hospital in Iowa City."

the train/
the train/
always the train/
for ever moving on/
and on/
towards a place beyond truth --/
where ideas of times become rivering sighs/
of a oneness we so long to know.