Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Q Business Car "Burlington"

To: hansons@b...
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Q Business Car "Burlington"
From: William Barber <clipperw@E...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:48:17 -0600
Cc: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, Don L Zinnecker <dzinnecker@j...>
Thanks for the info. I assume you are talking about Murray Yard in N.K.C. I am familiar with that site and location for the car. I thought that the BNSF might have sold the car to a private party who had relocated the car in Overland Park. The only possibility that I could think of was that the RR might have moved it to their training facility at Johnson County Community College. However, I was pretty certain that the business car wasn't there unless it was moved recently. There is a BN caboose there although it is not part of the training facility, but rather part of a children's day care facility. The passenger car shop in Topeka is the BNSF's business car maintenance and storage facility, serving the same purpose as the Murray yard facility did for the BN before merger, I had an opportunity to visit the Topeka facility on business for GM/EMD in 1995. We were reviewing cars to be used on a GM board of directors train. Again, thanks. It sounds like the car is still available for RR use. I just purchased the Kato model and it is very well done.

Bill Barber