What in the world???

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: What in the world???
From: "thommack <mack@c...>" <mack@c...>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 02:52:16 -0000
I was just at the Colorado Railroad Museum today, and while checking
out the Coors plant along Route 58 found something rather remarkable
(at least I I think it might be).

In the Coors plant, coupled between a very weahtered 40' Coors boxcar
and two Coors flat cars marked for "Maintenance" work, is a PERFECT,
Green, Burlington Plug door, waffle side boxcar!!! Yes, I'm not
hallucinating. BURLINGTON. The reporting marks, however, are RBBQ
77175, and the Blt date is 03-65. Paint date is also 03-65. It has a
green roof. This car is in literally PERFECT condition. It also
says "Hydraulic Cushioning" on the side. This is NOT a Burlington
Northern car with the "Northern" faded out. It is straight
BURLINGTON. Its end markings also read RBBQ 77175. The car does have
the later black lubrication(?) stencils on it, however.

Looking in my 1967 Official Railway Equipment Register I cannot find
RBBQ listed as a valid reporting mark, only RBBX. The RBBX cars (AAR
type RBL) are numbered 79000 to 79799, then 79900 to 79924. BREX
reefers (AAR type RS) are numbered 76250 to 78349. So the 77175
number seems to fit somewhere in between. But I have no idea where
this car could have come from.

Is this car a new repaint for someone or what?? Any ideas?????

Tom Mack