Re: [BRHSlist] What in the world???

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] What in the world???
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:58:52 +1300
Tom

Insulated boxcars carrying RBBQ reporting marks are well covered in Bulletin
12 page 36 onwards. These were company owned and operated RBL's numbered
77000-77249, 78000-299, 798000-899, and 79950-7, and built from 1964-7.
There were also "similar" RBCS cars owned and operated by the C&S .

Car 77175 was one of a group of 150 cars built at Havelock in 1967 with a
single sliding plug door, foam insulation and laminated flooring, with Evans
or Equipco two-piece load dividers, and an inside length of 50'1". The
article notes that cars 78000-099 were assigned to Coors which was so
satisfied that 275 cars were built for the C&S for Coors service.

There are also photos of RBBQ's in Mike Spoor's Color Guide pages 71-72
including #77114 which was in the same class - RBL-5 -as your car. These
were the last RBL's built for the Burlington, and the first not to have
roofwalks and full length ladders.

Hope this helps

Rupert