RE: copying maps

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: copying maps
From: "Doug Harding" <dharding@c...>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:52:54 -0600
Making copies of large maps is difficult. Few places have copy machines
that handle them. And scanners are almost none existent. But I have very
good luck with the County Engineer's office at the local courthouse.
They have a Xerox roll copier and made copies of several maps for me at
$2 apiece. I learned this by calling their office to ask where they got
their maps copied. Of course I live in a low populated county, and the
office had two railfans/modelers. If you can not get government
assistance look for an engineering firm or architects office, place a
call and I am sure they can direct you to an establishment that can make
copies of maps, blueprints and other large oversize papers. They might
even be able to direct you to a scanner.

Doug Harding
Iowa Central Railroad
www.cal-net.net/~dharding/ <http://www.cal-net.net/~dharding/>