Re: [BRHSlist] Passenger Seats???

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Passenger Seats???
From: SilvrDome@a...
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:24:06 EST
Sonny,

The 1953 Budd 50 seat coaches came in 2 schemes. A) cocoanut brown below the
window belt rail, cocoa beige above. Green carpet, turquoise upholstery and
drapes in a green brown yellow combination. B) Nut pine walls in two shades,
henna and brown carpet, rust upholstery, and drapes in green and rose.

If you look at color publicity photos for the Vista Dome Denver Zephyr, the
Heywood Wakefield Sleepy Hollow seats are upholstered in rose. That would be
for a 1956 built 50 seat Coach.

I have some former Burlington Vista Dome Parlor Chairs in my garage that are
Rose, and some are Grey.

1953 Pullmans had green carpets, rose tan walls. Upholstery varied from grey
taupe to rose clay.

This doesn't cover every car, but gives you some idea of some of the
prototypes!

Hubert Hanrahan