Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington 74536 Reefer

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington 74536 Reefer
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 08:45:14 -0600
Cc: "Intermountain Models" <intermountain@i...>
Florian,

It would not work at all for the 1944 cars as they had
wood sides.

What I was trying to say is that the only PFE design
that is a good match for any BREX cars is the R-40-26.
But it is only a good match for the 76xxx cars built after
1950 and perhaps the 1954 MNX cars. I do not think we
have that body shell available. A good one for Intermountain
to make if they so choose but even better with a fan or
non-fan version.

Another reefer issue I noticed long ago but did not mention
for fear of offending is an error in Bulletin #12.
MNX 1700-1799 did NOT have plug doors. These were
swinging door cars and were almost always loaded at
Denver. I do not remember what packer liked to load them
but as I get into my waybill collection I will find out. Why
mention this now? Intermountain's R-40-10 PFE design
shell does not have any fan shaft, has the right doors and
with End Cab Models decal set should look pretty good.
I have not compared the ends. The decal set does have
a "Return to Denver" stencil and that would be correct for
the entire 17xx series.

Russ