Q passenger cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Q passenger cars
From: SilvrDome@a...
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:26:36 EST
Dennis,

Amtrak did indeed purchase both Silver View and Silver Vista (former Twin
Zephyr Vista Dome Parlor Observation cars) after the Amtrak takeover of
passenger service from BN.

I went to inspect some cars for sale at Amtrak's Beech Grove Shops during the
late seventies and both View and Vista were in the middle of many cars which
sat in limbo. I took slides of both cars exteriors, but the weather was gray
and the shots weren't that great.

I did have a chance to walk thru former TCZ "Silver Wave" which had been
stipped of windows, fixtures, blower motors, seats, and almost all hardware.
The painted murals on the bulkhead were still inctact, along with the bare
stainless steel floor. It was quite sad.

Hubert