Re: Burlington Motor Car 501 in HO scale!

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Burlington Motor Car 501 in HO scale!
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@h...>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:52:30 -0800
Bcc:
I just came across an HO model of the Burlington 1922 Mack ACR Railcar in HO guage. Bill Glick bought one on ebay and the kit makes a great looking model. It's an exact model of #501, a photo can be found in the Corbin/Hardy book:
"The Burlington in Transition" page 123.

The model was made by Vintage Vehicles, which is going out of business. However, they have a web site and are selling the model direct for only $21.95, plus $5 shipping. The ones on ebay went for over $35.00 plus shipping, the first one went for over $100.00!. It's a plastic model, non-powered. I saw the one BillGlick just completed and boy does it look great - a dead ringer for the 501.

So if anyone is interested, check 'em out at: http://www.vintagevehicleshoscale.com/

You can also send them an email at: VVHOscale@y...

I have no interest in this company. Passing this on as a help to others BRHS members that might be interested.

By the way, in Corbin's photo, there is a radiator on the right side, the model kit does not include a radiator so Bill made one up using what ever he had in is parts bin.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA