Speed Zone sign @ Burlington

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>, <ritslist@s...>
Subject: Speed Zone sign @ Burlington
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:29:36 -0600
I received a call from Jim Ewinger in Burlington last night regarding a sign
that was on the Rock Island line along Front street just north of Market
street that faced south. The sign was mounted on an old boiler flue and was
appx. 30" high, 12" wide and had a diamond shaped top and bottom. Mounted
on the sign was another sheet of metal with a large Z with the number 25
underneath. From what I know, this was most likely a speed zone sign.
However, the question is, there is evidence that another sheet of metal 5"
high x 12" wide was also mounted under the Z 25 which is now gone. Jim
would like to know if there is anyone who possibly remembers this sign and
what was there.

David Lotz
Burlington & Missouri River Railroad
"Nowhere East" & "Way of the Zephyrs"