Re: [BRHSlist] Fox River

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Fox River
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:37:26 -0600
Leo,

While I don't know the answer to your agreement question
that size Fox River was not unusual. In the fall of '66 I had
many Roustabouts leave Eola with 120 or more cars.

As to the instructions I do not think that the Mainline Dispr.
had a phone to either Eola Yard or West Eola Tower.
The C&I Dispr. did because he had to clear trains going to
West Chicago. The Yardmaster would be the logical person
to pass along instructions from the Roadmaster.

At the time I started there were still a few Galesburg crews
that would not use the Dispatcher's phone at all. They would
come down to the office at Congress Park and go through
me just to ask for the signal out of the yard.

Times change,

Rus