Re: E-5 models

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: E-5 models
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@m...>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:41:20 -0800
I agree with the point of view that the Hallmark models can be really ok, and with some reasonable effort and average modeling skills can be made to look and operate quite acceptably- especially for the price. I have always felt that my E5s look great with a string of cars behind them, but then I haven't stoked the fires of lust and envy for one of the new ones by actually measuring them.

BTW, I greatly improved operation and lessened sound by replacing all gears and worms with NWSL products, including gearing the middle axles. I will replace the motor soon, coincident with installation of a DCC decoder.

Denny
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, California