Re: [BRHSlist] Fwd: Re: [LocoNotes] Coal Derivative fuel project from th

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Fwd: Re: [LocoNotes] Coal Derivative fuel project from the 1950's
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:51:01 -0700 (PDT)
In the 1950's, the United States Bureau of Mines
operated a pilot test plant converting coal to diesel
fuel near Hannibal, MO. The Q moved several tank cars
full, out of the plant and burned some in Hannibal
Div. GP-7's. I believe they were active partners in
the project along with the National Coal Assoc.
(Bituminous Research Institute), API, the N&W, and
other coal roads.
John D. Mitchell, Jr.