Dayman?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Dayman?
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:37:22 -0700
And the thoroughly useless trivia question of the month -

When the US Army built its ammunition plant just east of Middletown, Iowa, in
the early 1940s, the CB&Q put a station sign next to the wye which served it,
and named the (non-)place "Dayman".

Why "Dayman"? I assume it's someone's name, but was it the Army contract
officer? The surveyor who laid out the wye? Some Chicago executive's wife's
maiden name?????

Absolutely no one but me wants to know, and it's for no good reason . . . but
please, somebody -

Tell me anyway!

Marshall Thayer