Re: [BRHSlist] McCook, NE

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] McCook, NE
From: arnold299@a...
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:46:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/2002 5:04:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
scott_b_stearns@h... writes:

Scott,
When you come to see you daughter plan to take in the railroad around
Lincoln.
The depot is at 7th/P in the Haymarket (about 3 blocks south and 3 blocks
west of UNL memorial stadium. On display is a CB&Q 4-6-0 and several
boxcars/caboose.
In the railyard located about SW10th & West O St. is part of the old
roundhouse (covered with newer siding) and the turntable which is still used.
Also take in the Havelock shops, many of the buildings were there 100 years
ago.

Scott Arnold
Lincoln, NE