Re: [BRHSlist] E5's: Did Red Stripes without Grill Stripes Ever Exist?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] E5's: Did Red Stripes without Grill Stripes Ever Exist?
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:20:00 -0700
>> Question: Did any of the E5's ever have the red horizontal window
striping without the grill striping? <<

To the best of my knowledge, the arrow-headed red side striping and the sill
stripes never appeared on E-5s. This appears logical, as they would have had to
be applied over the curved cross-section of the Budd trim members.

>> Were the E5's all scrapped prior to the 1969 removal of the grill stripes
>> for ecenomy reasons? <<

All E-5s were off-property by March of '68.

Marshall Thayer

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor