heavyweight passenger cars

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: heavyweight passenger cars
From: "Cynthia & Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:58:13 -0400
I just had notice that IHC is having a half-price sale on passenger cars. It
also seems that they have heavyweight cars now lettered for the Burlington.
Does anyone know if these cars use the same tooling as the AHM/Rivarossi cars?
I'm working on a Rivarossi RPO right now (it came in Milwaukee orange), and
aside from adding separate grabs, diaphragms and steps, I'm happy with the
detail. If I could get a few already painted and lettered that would be great.

Follow up question: knowing these cars, does anyone have any comments on
closeness to actual Burlington prototypes? I know the RPO doors aren't correct.
I've also seen the NKP ad for baggage cars, but haven't decided if I'll part
with $100 Cdn per car. Any info on the other IHC cars and their closeness to
actual Burlington cars would be appreciated.

Thanks, and hope those in St. Louis have a great weekend.

Duncan Cameron

(modelling Keokuk, Iowa in 1963)