Re: [BRHSlist] Where's the Fireman, was: E-5 B Units......

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Where's the Fireman, was: E-5 B Units......
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:40:49 EDT
Thanks Mike....I love it.

I presume that you have gone to the ICC Investigations Website and read some
of the old stuff there. Seems like before diesels that the "I was down
puttin in a fire" was the forerunner of "I was back in the engine room".

Along these lines, I saw something recently, and I don't know whether I can
find it again..probably not. But it had to do with the old Poem "ALL FOR
WANT OF A HORSESHOE NAIL"...;which goes on about because of this, this
happened, and this happened and this happened...well you remember it. After
reciting all of the poem the commentator mentioned that nothing happened to
the blacksmith who didn't put the nail in.....his comment was....."even in
those early days it was hard to get anything on the Mechanical Department."

Pete