Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Illinois Central Domes

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Illinois Central Domes
From: Mike Spoor <CBQRR@j...>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:54:58 -0500
Cc: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
One more note - the Q had one of the NCL dome sleepers (CB&Q #304). It
too was leased for at least a couple of winters to the IC. While
business was slow on the NCL in the winters, Florida business was booming
on the IC. So it made sense for both the IC and the NP/CB&Q to lease
some underutilized dome sleepers to the IC for winter use on the "City of
Miami." I was in Jacksonville FL for high school and fondly remember
seeing the NP/CB&Q domes in brown and orange rolling thru J'ville. I have
a photo of the Q #304 in brown and orange. I thought about using it in
the "Color Guide" but it wasn't that good of a photo for an all-color
book. I guess I could run it in B&W in the next ZEPHYR if you guys would
want to see it.

MIke