Re: [BRHSlist] Work Rules

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Work Rules
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:06:32 -0700
> Bob Daurer and I have been going thru the BRT/UTU Local 6/171 files. Many
items are being scanned for posterity. <

> Is there interest in a future Bulletin article using examples to
explain the work agreements and why and how they were what they were? <

I would be very interested in an article of this type. Perhaps you would be
able to confirm (or deny) the old story I heard around SE Iowa about a
boilermaker at the West Burlington shops who simply could not be re-trained to
diesels, so they had to lay him off at full pay (and the guy supposedly had the
guts to gripe when they called him back for the (incompleted) rebuilding of
5632 in '65) . . .

Marshall Thayer