Re: [BRHSlist] 250 Ton Wrecker Train out of Galesburg, Illinois

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 250 Ton Wrecker Train out of Galesburg, Illinois
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:25:22 -0700
From: spodwo
To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2002 7:00 PM

Does anyone have any photos, data, etc. of the wrecker train that
was based out of Galesburg? My dad worked that train and I remember
the "eyes and shark" teeth that were painted on the crane boom nose
for the First "Open House" [precursor to Galesburg Railroad Days].

The Galesburg derrick was Bucyrus Erie 250T #204376 (blt 1944). Her sister was
204375, assigned to Lincoln. They were the only 250T derricks on the Q, and the
last purchased. The Galesburg derrick was converted to diesel at havelock in
1965. It became BN D257.

This data is from BB #18.

Marshall