CTC Panel / Q cars in Colorado

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CTC Panel / Q cars in Colorado
From: GEU30CG@a...
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:52:47 EDT
Hi gang,

I just returned from a grand trip to Colorado. I stopped at the Colorado
Railroad Museum in Golden and was glad to see a nice amount of Q / C&S
rolling stock being preserved. Including two Q boxcars on the grounds of
Coors beer that obviously were being preserved. One C&S 40 boxcar in
original lettering and one outside braced insulated refer. I got nice shots
of both but didn't write down the numbers. More on that later.

My happy surprise was the original CTC panel from the first section of CTC in
the country is in the basement. Maybe this has been covered before in this
forum. This is the panel seen in the "Dawn to Dusk" video often seen at Q
swap meets. I sat at the panel for a moment dreaming I was clearing the
Denver Zephyr for an eastward movement. . .

Oh well, all for the moment!

Darren Ferreter
Cedar Rapids Iowa
GEU30CG@a...