Re: FW: Decals...P2K 52' drop end gon.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: FW: Decals...P2K 52' drop end gon.
From: "mdawson97172000" <mdawson97172000@y...>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 02:25:00 -0000
For those who do not mind working with dry transfers, CDS
Lettering has a set (no. 720) for the 52' gondola. CDS also has
sets for 40' & 50' steel boxcars, wooden waycars, 36' stock cars
and 1948 era stainless steel passenger cars. Sets are
available in HO, N, O, S scales and most are usually in stock
from CDS directly.

I can't comment on the accuracy of the passenger car set but the
freight cars appear to me to be pretty close to the prototype, with
representative number sets and shop codes.

Dry transfers are no more difficult to apply than decals, although
many modelers shy away from them. The key factor for a CDS
set is to apply it to a flat (Dullcoat-ed) surface, rub it over with
the backing sheet to seal it, and cover with dull or gloss coat to
protect the lettering. Weathering can then proceed. It also helps
to use small pieces of tape to align the lettering and some
practice does help!

CDS Lettering ads appear in many of the model magazines and
a web search (using Sherlock on Macs) turns up a number of
retailers.

Michael Dawson

--- In BRHSlist@y..., "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...> wrote:
> Please reply to the list and to Greg.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dave

BRHSList for
> me..I've been having difficulties posting to it directly....
>
> I have a local modeler friend that is looking for appropriate "Q"
> (Burlington Route) decals that would work on the P2K 52' Drop
End Gon. I
> think that his main concern is in getting the proper sized white
BR herald
> decal and reporting marks.
>
> I thank you and appreciate any help that you can send my
way...I will make