Re: [BRHSlist] Downers Grove

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Downers Grove
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:49:20 EDT
Russ I didn't know that little tid bit about that east trk being called the
water trk(makes since as the rdhse wasn't that far away. Also didn't know
about the Hines trk once going all the way thru.The gravel ballast on the
west leg still looks very clean like it was installed at some later date and
never saw much heavy use.
But one thing I can stand pat on is that everybody I asked said the upper
trks at Downers yard were 1,2, and 5. When you look today where yd 1 is my
guess is a long time ago it was main 1. But I guess somebody w/the AFE for
the retirement of some trks will clarify.
When the yard was more active were there more than just those 2 trks down in
the hole?
Leo