Re: [BRHSlist] Bulletin #41: Buda, IL and Some Neat Product Announcement

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Bulletin #41: Buda, IL and Some Neat Product Announcements
From: drale99@a...
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:46:13 EDT
The Buda article brought back memories of the numerous junction points on the
Q in Nebraska, where I grew up in the 30's and 40's (Lincoln Div.). Nebr.
was laced with CB&Q branch lines, and many main-line station stops had one,
two, or more branch lines feeding off the main. These were interesting
places because, like Buda, you could see a good combination of main-line
trains and branch-line consists, and most of the junctions had service
facilities, turn-around facilities, yards, and plenty of action. At the end
of the day you could see branch-line engines, motors, passenger cars,
combination cars, and way cars on storage tracks or ready tracks. Some of
these places, such as Crete, Fairmont, and Wymore, had switch engines working
the yards and sidings. I wish some of the places where I grew up had
photographers around recording the scenes as Ira Eigsti did in Buda. Great
article!
DRale