Bulletin #41: Buda, IL and Some Neat Product Announcements

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Bulletin #41: Buda, IL and Some Neat Product Announcements
From: "bill_og" <haywarb@b...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:31:03 -0000
Just received Bulletin #41 yesterday in suburban Chicago. A few
tears in the envelope, but contents were okay.

I am absolutely delighted that the photos and article on Buda, IL in
Bureau County are included in this bulletin. My maternal
grandparents had farmed in Bureau and Henry counties and had their
farm in rural Buda from ~1965-1974. After retiring from farming,
they moved to town in nearby Neponset, IL. My folks also moved to
Bureau's county seat Princeton, IL in ~1982 when I was still in
college. Buda would be a very good town to model since it is not that
big and has a lot of RR action with the CB&Q's mainline, branchline,
depot, stock pens, round house & engine facilities, froight car
sidings, and even CNW passing through on the west. This articlke will
certainly provide me with some inspiration when ever I get around to
building my layout.

I also have never seen so many neat commercial ad sheets in one BRHS
mailing. The books for "CB&Q in Color Volume 4", "The Burlington
Waycars", and "Chicago Union Station" all look facinating. Q
Connection's reproduction E5 model plate also looks neat.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not a dealor or vendor for any of the ads or
products that were included with the Bulletin and mentioned above.

Bulletin #41 is certainly another great publication of BRHS. Thanks
to all who contributed to it!

Bill H.