FW: Commercial - A NEW PRODUCT FROM EAGLE IMPORTS - Sam Houston Zephyr

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: FW: Commercial - A NEW PRODUCT FROM EAGLE IMPORTS - Sam Houston Zephyr
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:39:59 -0500
Date:6/23/02 5:30:10 PM Central Daylight Time
From:Eaglebrass
To:BN John

June 23, 2002

TO: John Lee
Moderator - BRHS List

FROM: Jon Fleming - Managing Principal - Eagle Imports

Dear Mr. Lee:

Eagle is a new company devoted to excellence in research, manufacturing
and fidelity to the prototype(s) we model.

Presently devoted to HO fine scale brass, Eagle is importing its second
exquisite issue, the 1945 "edition" of the Sam Houston Zephyr.

The E-5 Locomotive , Silver Bullet , No. 9909 and five Budd cars , Silver
Light, Silver Crown , Silver Trail, Silver Chariot and Silver Hours were
aggregated in Texas from other parts of the "Q" to form the full sized train
which replaced the 9901 Shovelnose trainset destroyed in a fire in December
1944.

The detail is what you would expect from a superb re-creation including
full interiors, lighting, exterior finishing with bright and dull
"stainless", aluminum paint and the correct "silver-white" paint for the
window frames on Trail, Chariot and Hours. Window shades and venetian
blinds appropriate to the car are applied. The exterior lights on Hours,
including markers and warning-backup (in proper sequence) work as does the
lighted Tailsign. Each locomotive and car is numbered as a set and is
certified authentic with certificate included along with other inserts
describing the train and in service photographs.

Eagle's exclusive builder is AJIN Precision. The pilots have been
corrected and the production models will be on our Dealers' Shelves by late
summer.

Our dealer network includes over 400 fine stores nationwide.

Interested purchasers will find this set competitively priced with other
high quality brass imports.

Of note to collectors and modelers of the CB&Q:

The Silver Light and Silver Bullet were part of the Silver Streak
Zephyr before being moved to Texas in early 1945. The coaches were "pool
cars" and served on many other "Q" trains - as was and as did the diner-obs
Silver Hours.

A JPEG of the uncorrected pilot models has been placed in the Photos area
of the BRHSlist. We would of course be very pleased to answer any questions
you might have concerning these beautiful models.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Jon H. Fleming

Eagle Imports
PO Box 38