Re: [BRHSlist] Denver landmarks

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Denver landmarks
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:31:56 -0700

"Myers, Scott V." wrote:

> Is there still a "doodlebug" on display next to Union Station? Seems like I
> recall reading that somewhere.

This would be the one they were trying to give away a couple years ago,
because of the work being done in the area. I heard it went to a museum
in Kansas.

"simon" wrote
> I was in Denver on business in April and took the time to visit the Golden
> museum. They have quite a bit of C&S and Q equipment. The roundhouse is
> excellent with a viewing area to see the conservation work going on inside.
> The turntable is in place and operating. There was no indication where the
> turntable came from that I noticed.

In Bulletin 38 it says the turntable bridge at the museum is a Q and
came from St. Francis, KS.

I recall hearing that a C&S turntable bridge went to Chama but I can't
locate anything at the moment.

Ken Martin