RE: [BRHSlist] Denver landmarks

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Denver landmarks
From: "Pete Doolittle" <pdoo@p...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:56:16 -0500
That C&S bridge is gone now, too. (or so I have heard) Victim of the I-25
reconstruction.

The diesel shop, turntable, and a portion of the roundhouse are still there.
They are visible from the Park Ave. bridge. The steam-era shop buildings
north of I-70 and just west of I-25 are still in use as a warehouse. Look
for the tall smoke stack.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot else I can think of in the way of
landmarks there. A couple of depots in the outlying area and that's it. Even
the vacant land where all the yards used to be are covered with condos and
the Elich Gardens amusement park.

-Pete Doolittle