Re: [BRHSlist] Sterling,IL

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Sterling,IL
From: "Bob Weber" <eng95@a...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:19:01 -0700
You can get a pretty good map of all railroads at http://www.mapquest.com/
Just enter the town you're interested in to get the map. Select Large Map
and along the right side of a map is the zoom scale with 10 notches. The
top 3 notches will show railroad tracks to 3 different scales. All CB&Q
tracks are shown in Mapquest maps as AT&SF railroad. The Sterling, Il map
shows exactly where the railroad bridge was located relative to Rte 40.

Bob

From: <qutlx1@a...>

> I spent most of 6/14 and 6/15 in Sterling.Il at a 3 on 3 basketball
> tournament.But of course between games I was checking out the remants of
the
> Q. Having worked this line several times into Rockfalls but never going
into
> Sterling I was interested in tracing the route thru town.I found it and
could
> identify where the R-O-W crossed rte 40 near Reliance Fastners and IFH.
But I
> can't find where the line crossed the Rock River or connected to the
> "Norwegian".Was the Q bridge near rte 40s bridge and then did the R-O-W go
> thru National Mfg or Northwestern Steels' property to connect to the CNW?
Or