Coal Mining in Iowa

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Coal Mining in Iowa
From: "Walter Ohrnell" <wohrnell@s...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:13:39 -0500
List,

After seeing Steven Holding's post about Coal Mining in Ilinois (May 10) I
thought about a book I had found while doing research on the Ablia - Des Moines
Line.

The book is entitled COAL MINING DAYS In Marion County Iowa 1880s - 1990s by
Harriet Heusinkveld. Ms Heusinkveld is retired Professor Emerita of Geography,
Central College, Pella, IA. Her book was about $15.00 also.

Lenny