Re: Hubinger Tank Cars/decals

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Hubinger Tank Cars/decals
From: "jworones" <jworones@y...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:14:27 -0000
Hi Duncan;

I'm assuming your tank car decals are white. That leads to expensive
answers.
If they are black that's cheap and easy.
Scan them into any kind of decent art program (Corel Draw,
Illustrator) or even a good CAD program (I've done decals using
Autocad). Blow them up to full size (1:1) then you can scale them to
any size you want. Think vehicles with the 'Hubinger' name on them...
IF they are black, just insert a sheet of decal film into a laserjet
and print. Handle carefully until you seal them with a clear coat.

IF they are white, you'll need a printer that prints in white ink.
The only ones I know of are the ALPS printers. Nice printers but
pricey. Haven't justified buying one yet...

The laserjet route works well - I've used it often to create accurate
dimensional data.

Not decal related, but something further to look into...
A few weeks ago, someone posted a photo of a Hubinger covered hopper
on the railfan.net archives. Can't remember the date. It was a modern
PS 4750, but did they have covered hoppers in the early 60's?

Have fun!
Jeff Worones
Las Vegas, NV