Re: Overton/Streator Meet

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Overton/Streator Meet
From: "littlegiant_il" <harryg@g...>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:56:42 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., WPDiven@a... wrote:

> In a message dated 4/15/02 11:48:18 am, charlie@k... writes:
>
> << Don Lamb's presentation was absolutely top notch. I am glad to hear that
> Overton's material was saved (and found!) at the Newberry. Wonder what
> other goodies were in his research files beyond the Perkins letterpress
> file..... >>
>
> Greetings all:
>
> For those of us not present at the Streator meet, could someone expound a bit
> on this presentation and the status of Prof. Overton's material?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bill Diven

Once again, my thanks to those who put together a geaat meet in
Streator this weekend.

I spoke with Professor Lamb regarding the possibility of him repeating
his pesentation as part of the Galesburg Railroad Days Train Show. He
would focus on the actions to bring the AT&SF to Galesburg.

I will keep the list informed if this is worked out.

Harry M Grossman
Director, Carl Sandburg College
Galesburg Railroad Days Train Show